Friday, January 28, 2011

"Now you're here now I know just where I'm going..."

Listening to Nina Simone and editing my notes. I hope you are all well.

Nude Egyptian Girl by John Singer Sargent

I dreamt again of the man of my life, this time he is kissing me. His face above mine, his lips soft and tender, he raises his head so I'm able to see his eye. I’m so happy, I’m instantly afraid and I look at his lips all pink from my kisses. He smiles, I can’t bear how handsome he is and he kisses me with something like urgency. I can’t tell how he feels or if he desires me and suddenly I’m aware it’s all a dream. I grab on to him like an image reflected in water, one is certain, is just beneath the surface only once you reach for it all is last. I’m pulling him down on top of me, yanking at this belt, desperate to seal the deal before we wake but it’s too fine a thread. Something catches my attention and the scene changes I’m in another dream franticly trying to get back to him.
All my love,
Simone

2 comments:

  1. Careful with that image, Simone - you'll get a fatwah put on you in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She needn't worry, there's a copy of it in every Sheikh's tent!

    ReplyDelete