Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snow, I don't mind

Shovelling it, now that I can't stand.

Peter Paul Rubens' The Union of Earth and Water

Let Me

I want to give.
And I need you to take,
My every thought,
My only desires,
My very last breath,
Until the only thing left is
A vague memory of my existence.
And even as I lay bleeding,
Dying from your vicious wounds,
I will revel.
I will rejoice as you dance.
I will smile to see you ignore my anguish.
Knowing that you have everything
I can give.
All my love
Simone

5 comments:

  1. Thanks honey, you totally made my day. Oh and I love your little ode.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had hardly any snow here in Bishops Stortford...just an inch on the one day, lasted three...and the children here are most envious of those whom have had to do the shovelling and snowballing ;-)

    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting patiently, with shovel in hand, for my fair share of the snow. My little corner of Ontario seems to be under a protective dome.

    Loved the painting, and your poem that went with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased to see Doug's comment. My oldest son has just moved to Bishops Stortford (we call it British Stortford), and I've had no news for a while. At least he can't be snowed in!

    I hate snow, Simone; sorry.

    ReplyDelete