Friday, July 31, 2009

This I've Done In Hope I'll Get An Audience For My Novels

Delphin Enjolras' Reclining Nude


I've written a historical short for Harlequin's undone with the hope they will like and publish it. I'm hopeful but then I always am. They wanted hot but I tend to write more romantic/Sensual so I pray it was steamy enough.

I got this idea from an article I found online about writing the short story that will get you published. Then it was a month's worth of research into who would purchase and publish a romantic short. I found eHarlequin's new undone line to be the most trustworthy so off I went story boarding a short.

Earlier this week I finished the 14,000+ words story inspired by the characters of my first novel Ellesmere, I felt it a fitting homage. Particularly, since I never would have thought to write a short had it not been for my desire to see it get an agent and published.

The wait for acceptance is 3 to 4 months, so now I wait. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Simone.

No comments:

Post a Comment