I’ve listed my Guilty Pleasures in the way one would the Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins and because I am first in the chain I’m more than likely drunk on the novelty so bear with me if my 7 sins seems more like 14 or even 21. Directly following me in the chain is Fresh Hell who is a thoroughly lovely individual whose guilty pleasures are not nearly as kitschy as my own. Or are they? You are just going to have to follow the link and find out.
Now my Vices/ Pleasures... or is it Sins? You decide.
1. Gluttony – Deep fried candy bars. Don’t judge me. At least it’s not Deep fried Twinkies. Oh, and birthday cake with the sugary white frosting as pictured above. So delicious.
2. Lechery - Alright, I’ll admit to this being a vice but men who look like old lesbians is a pleasure that should not be denied nor is Hot Chicks with Douchebags. The names say it all. Follow the link and you will laugh until you cry, I swear it.
3. Sloth – Jersey Shore the MTV reality show or "the worst thing to happen to the east coast since 911." This one, I caught when the clicker fell under the sofa and I was too lazy to pick it up, so now I’m hooked on ‘THE SITUATION.’ Also, if I’m up late and can’t write it’s TMZ. Oh, the things laziness will make a girl do.
4. Envy – Pussycat Dolls. And here is how they made millions: with half the talent of a real singer and all the tricks of a Vegas stripper. At a very, very close second is Britney Spears. Don’t hate. She had some good beats.
5. Vainglory – The National Enquirer. You know the ones with 'dogboy' or the 'aliens' on the cover? Well, I read them then I boast unjustifiably so about what I’ve read to all who will listen without bothering to tell them that my source is the Enquirer. Though I'm quite certain that by the twelfth time I say 'dogboy,' they sort of get the picture. Oh, also sucking at jeopardy only to get the answer to Final Jeopardy right and lose my mind, calling my family and friends idiots for the rest of the night.
6. Hubris – The thing that keeps me dancing in public even though I’m the very image of an off-beat robot. I’ve also been known to do 'the robot' too. Just imagine Elaine Benes of Seinfeld dancing, or simply hit link.
7. The vice/guilty pleasure - Debauchery
The pleasure in which I revel is The Penthouse Forum because those letters are truly hilarious and if you are able to read one without laughing then you are far more virtuous than I. Why, even the ones posted by odd-balls online are funny. Perfect example here:
I never thought it could happen to me.
I was in my car, driving down the road towards the stop light; when it suddenly turned green right in front of me and I didn't have to stop or even slow down! Then, as I approached the next light, it too turned green!
I swear I'm not making this up!
All Greens, New York, NY
A close second to the letters for me is POST SECRET. BLOGSPOT.COM. Follow the link, you won’t be sorry. Although you may lose hours out of your day...
In the end, one hopes it’s all no more than a handful of "Venial sins" rather than say the kind of Mortal sins that lands one in hell.
I encourage you to take the time and visit all the other participants listed below, if only to see what sorts of odd ducks I’m keeping company with.
A ton of Love,
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS