Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How much do you believe in luck?

How about destiny?
You now the bit that says what's it all about and what it had all been for?
The Source by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres

I only ask because lately the two has featured strongly in my conversations with my contentious friends... well those and the perceived rise of female masturbation in popular culture by one who will go unnamed but that one will have to keep until some other time. Here is why, fortune presses on my mind for I believe in luck and this though I’ve courted it to no avail. In fact, I would go so far as to say the evidence of its existence beyond my continued belief that my luck is about to change for the better is minute. Now destiny that I’m sure is a fallacy but that could simply be due to its unwillingness to reveal itself to me.
In the end it was for us more about family, love, fortune and space travel but now I think it's more the arc of the collective human experience.
You have my love here on this day when I'm more rambling questions than proper post.
Simone

6 comments:

  1. Of course, we only ever believe in luck, if we've been lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create your destiny - through believing in your luck :)

    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only through luck, not destiny, that we truly exercise free will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly believe in bad luck (I've had more than my fair share of it this year) so by default I'd have to believe in good luck as well - I have to have something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is luck and what is fate? Where is the fine line drawn between them begin and end?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe luck is really about making excellent choices, One choice is to be observant about what is going on around you and then acting on what you see. Just me.

    ReplyDelete