Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Fantastic Mr. Parkes


Fun, spiritual, thoughtful and brilliant, Michael Parkes for sometimes all that is required is idly whimsy and erotic fancy.

Angel Affair

He is to me both heretic and staunch believer. His art transcends the sometimes awful snobbery associated with fine art. If you are not familiar with is work here are a morsel to brighten your day.


The man is a devout to his craft and I encourage you to seek him out.

water music


Wishing you a brilliant Sunday.
Warmest regards,
Simone

10 comments:

  1. His work is quite whimsical, giving you a different outlook. Did not know of his work, thanks for sharing. Love the one with the books and reading. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I now remember why I love angels so much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl that reads is my fav :D What a lovely image

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simone, these are beautiful! I had not heard of this artist, thank you so much for sharing! Hope you are well! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,my dear Simone!-)*
    You choose always very special images,thank you for share these,dear friend!
    ''Angel Affair''-so good,I keep watching...

    Wish you blessed week,Simone!-)*
    Much Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if that's what angels look like, I'm glad I'm not a Catholic priest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, too. They remind me of a cross between Maurice Sendak and Maxfield Parrish, both extraordinary artists who infused delicate colors with clearly-drawn fantasy elements. Sigh. I could go on and on about art all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I am a new follower and look forward to your posts. I love Angel Affair, but really all of them are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These images are lovely & you know I love all thing "whimsical"! Great post, Simone. Have a wonderful week, dear friend!

    http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com
    http://closetfullofgoodies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete