Saturday, March 20, 2010

It is so very bleak today

And there are a handful of invitation to which I must attend. Baby showers for a few of my former brides, two birthdays [one for a 40 year old anther for an infant], one house warming [done so my friend B.B can show off her new space] and the first wedding invitation of the season.

Yuqi Wang's Portrait of Fiona Wilmot-Sitwell


Oh, the little things we do for love

You gave him your body not a month after vowing it to me, for he said, “His body jumps when you are close.”
It seemed so simple a thing but it had pulled at your vanity and desire. I saw that even from across the room.
You pulled blood biting into his flesh in order to muffle your cries as he took your virtue in the coatroom at your Aunt Edith’s funeral but then you are no good at self-denial.
I’ll pretend not to notice for we are but a month married, that and I fucked your maid of honour the afternoon I picked her up from the airport for our wedding.

I long for summer today.
All my love,
Simone

14 comments:

  1. Yikes, well those have a messed up marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have got a busy time in front of you Simone, dont worry spring is here and summer is on the way! BTW: The painting is breathtaking!((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Didn't expect that :)

    Have fun with all your visits and events!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the long line of her body. And your painful words make me think of the sadness behind their creation. Peace, Simone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful painting! I have never seen it before. But I really like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a surprise. Love the portrait. I'm with you wanting summer to be here already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, my, my....didn't see that coming. The portrait goes perfectly and I also dislike getting all of those invitations in the mail also. I do not like showers or baby birthdays. Does that make me mean?
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rumpy-pumpy in the cloakroom; and at a wedding too? Sounds perfect!

    Looks like you have a busy day; I shall try to do nothing, just walk in the woods.

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the almost lost art of confession.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did that come from? :) Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Technically a pick-up at the airport (and fucking) before the wedding makes it better. So people like me would say. Really, that's about as awful as it gets and I feel like a jackass for looking for a loophole. Great stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a busy but rewarding time ahead. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS painting. I love it. A true master here for the modern era and never even heard of him before. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my . . . . reminds me of a wedding rehearsal I attended years ago where the bride took off with the best man for 45 minutes to take care of an urgent issue for the wedding. Their rumpled clothing and downcast eyes said everything for them when they rushed back to join the bridal party.
    Bravo to you Simone for bringing out emotions in the reader. I have not had time to visit as much as I would like to recently, so I am most delighted to read you once more.

    ReplyDelete